Same game

11:52 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Page 17, line 12, The Flying Flea, Callie, and Me by: Carol and Bill Wallace
“’Grey! Yuck! Good kitty! Yuck! Take that…’”
Page 17, line 12, Evermore by: Alyson Noel
“The second time she appeared, I was just so grateful to see…”

Grey! Yuck! Good kitty! Yuck! Take that disease-ridden, saggy-skinned, smutz-bag of a bog-wallop outside and drop it back into the lake. Yeah, that’s a good kitty. Good Grey.” I waited for her to pick the thing up and head through the cat flap before I jumped back down from the chair.
I had only been living on this side of the Blitheralian wood for a few days, but I already figured out that these bog-wallops were going to be a much bigger problem than the trickle-toxes had ever been. Unfortunately, I had moved here to get away from these problems. Of course, if it hadn’t been bog-wallops it would have just been something else I suppose. No matter, at least I had Grey to get them out of my kitchen. They were ugly little vermin, all yellow tinted with ashy fold of thick skin hanging from their six-inch bodies. Eww, so gross. And I hate the way they jab those little toothpicks into you and wave them around like swords. Blech! But, all in all, I guess they’re better to deal with that the trickle-toxes. Those were awful! Smile thieves they’re called. The black blobs squiggle around and suck all a fellows happy out. That’s why I got Grey. The toxes can’t suck the happy from cats and it always made me laugh to see her bat one around a room. Hee. The first time she showed herself I was afraid she was something evil and troublesome from the wood, but then she killed a toxie that had been ruining me. The second time she appeared, I was just so grateful to see her that I paid the moor walker to perform the naming ceremony that would bind her to me; now, she is my best friend and my savior from all the dark deep wood can throw our way.
(352 words) more than the limit, but ehh.

0 comments: