7:59 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
            A huge wolf crashed through the window, its glowing eyes scanning our little group. Its nostrils flared and twitched as it issued a low growl between its bared teeth. The beast’s broad head suddenly jerked toward Ian and it snarled. I heard a collective gasp behind me and felt Josh's fingers wrap around my wrist ready to yank me away. "Uh, guys," I whispered quickly, "remember those dreams I was having? Well, Ian is the". Before I could finish my pathetic warning the wolf lunged and Ian’s flesh began to slither into its truest form. Then the screams started.


            Ian stepped quickly between me and the beast. Spikes had already formed along the thick muscles of his grey arms when the wolf leapt forward, and he stood his ground smiling as its jaws closed on his flesh. Silvery blood trickled from the edges of the wolf’s mouth as he bit deeply into the shifters arm and immediately released its hold. It backed away snapping and snarling toward the broken window. Ian took a step toward it and it threw back its head and howled loudly. Ian faltered and, as I grabbed for his shoulder, Josh tightened his grip on my wrist and pulled me back. More howls echoed through the cold night air—a lot more.  
 
(216 words)

0 comments: